Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Who I Am & Why I'm Here

So if you read my post about my new years 'Improvements' you would have read that a goal of mine for 2015 is to improve my blogging and my writing. So I signed up for a Blogging 101 course on another blog site. And to say that I'm really excited would be a bit of an understatement. The course is for the next 4 weeks. It is my goal to keep up with as many as I possibly can, because lets be real here...A post a day? Ha! I'm going to try. That is what I'm going to do. TRY.

So for the first assignment I'm supposed to introduce myself and tell everyone who I am and why I'm here.(Hence the title of this post.)



Who am I? I could tell you my name. But that would be too easy. I am a working mother. I am a wife, a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, and I am someone's boss. In my life I have many roles. I'm sure you can probably guess which roles play the biggest part? Duh! I am the mommy of 2 very sweet boys! My oldest is 7 years old and my youngest is 7 months old. I can tell you that being a mom is the most rewarding feeling in the entire world. My name is Sarah and my family is everything to me.



I'm a 5 foot fireball, who is fluent in sarcasm and has low tolerance for bullshit. I originally started my blog as a way for my family to see how my boys grow up, even when they live far away. But since then it has transformed into something else. Why post all about my life and the things we do for the world to see? Well first, the initial purpose of this blog still stands. It let's my family who live far away keep up with the boys. But it has also become something much more than that. It's an output for my thoughts. My concerns, ideas, the occasional rant and weird little niches that only me and maybe one other person in the world will understand. And maybe, just maybe that one other person will stumble across this blog, and think 'well shit. at least I'm not the only one.'


So to get this whole about me thing going, I've decided to share some random facts about myself.


1. I'm convinced I was born in the wrong decade. My favorite genre's of music are 80's hair metal, and early 90's grunge and alt. rock. I'm also in the middle of my 90's pop phase. I think it has to do with the fact that this current generation is making me feel old. Like real old.
2. I can consume my body weight in cake and Mexican food. Fajitas are my shit. And cake completes me.
3. My favorite words are 'fuck' and 'shit' although I try super hard to not use them in the same sentence. I'm a total potty mouth. I also use the word 'cun*' more than I'm willing to admit.
4. I am totally addicted to TV that is geared towards the generations after me. I love the Vampire Diaries, and Pretty Little Liars. I don't feel too bad about loving these shows when I remember that all the actors playing high school kids are in fact 5 years older than me. I then feel better.
5. I am also stupid obsessed with reality TV. The Bachelor, Real World, Dance Moms, Party Down South, and can I just say I cried when Jersey Shore was over! Pure heartbreak.
6. Coffee is the newest must have on my list everyday.


 7. I love being a mom. I love being a mom of boys. Boys are so much fun!
8. My biggest pet peeve is when the trash bag is falling down in the can, and people just keep piling shit on top of it. Talk about annoying.
9. Baking puts me in the zone. I feel complete relaxation when I bake. When I cook too, but baking keeps me grounded.
10. I keep a box full of my favorite recipes. I'm old fashioned. I still write my favorites down on recipes cards, and then file them alphabetically by category.
11. My newest most favorite things to do..besides sleep..(which I can tell you I hardly do anymore) is making all of John Henry's baby food! There is nothing more satisfying than saving money on baby food, but also knowing exactly what my baby is eating. It's a great feeling!
12. My favorite movies of all time are Point Break, The Notebook, and all of the Die Hard movies. Believe me that I have plenty more but those are the ones that are standing out in my brain right now.






Now that you are a little more familiar with the some things about me, I hope that ya'll will continue to follow, and please please please, leave me messages. I love hearing that people enjoy my writing. It gives my blogging some personal satisfaction.


Byeeeee.. For now.



No comments:

Post a Comment