Saturday, January 3, 2015

Byeeee 2014

Goodbyeeee 2014!

With 2015 already in full swing, I want to take a look back at some things that really made this year special for me and for my family!

Our Wedding Day!


Welcoming John Henry Jr!

Jaiden testing for his Black belt. 


These have been the best days of 2014, and although I'm kinda sad to see this year go, I am very excited to see what 2015 has in store for us!

We were eating dinner on January 1st and John says we should make New Years Resolutions. My comment was "those are ideally something you think about before the start of the new year, but sure why not?" And to be honest, we I couldn't think of any. My New Years Resolution  for the last 5 years has been to quit smoking and every year it lasted for about a day. But last year at News Years I was pregnant and had already quit, so WIN. And I will say that I am pretty proud of myself for not picking the habit back up, especially since this time of year is the most stressful for me, but I've taken a left turn and don't want this post to be about smoking.

 Now where was I? Ah, New Years resolutions. I don't believe in them. Maybe I'm not strong willed. Or maybe I'm not one to verbalize things and make promises to myself only to wind up disappointed in my failure? But I'm not going to look at it that way simply because I do not think of it that way.

 A new years resolution that I could potentially entertain for a hot minute would be to exercise more and eat healthier. Because why? Because my diet of Venti iced coffees and cookies and cake isn't healthy? I call BULLSHIT. Now let's not get the facts twisted, I don't always eat cookies and cakes. Really only on holidays, birthdays and whenever I find a good recipe and I want to wow myself with my baking abilities.  But one also needs to understand that besides birthday cake still taking the #1 spot on my favorite foods list, know that I thoroughly believe that creamed sugar and butter is one of the best combinations known to man, and with one of my new favorite past times being cookie making, I see that combination more frequently than not.
Truth is, I love coffee, I love sweets, and I hate exercising. Unless it's in dance form, and in that case I find it tolerable and the pain somewhat enjoyable. But that's about it. But I could not imagine not having those things in my life. And I am okay with that.



Now for things that I would like to improve on in 2015 because making improvements in certain things, but not promising to get results is more acceptable in my book.
- Be more consistent in going to Zumba( only tolerable form of exercise for me)
- Work on enhancing my blog which will also allow me to embrace my love of writing.
-Work more on getting my photography off the ground( And not to be cliché cause I know now that almost everyone is a photographer.  I went to college for a multitude of different things but Photography was a strong concentration.
-And the last few are pipe dreams to say the least, but at least I have goals. These would include moving to Georgia and buying a house, and having another baby. I know John who is probably laughing and scoffing as he reads, is shaking his head like 'yeah right!'

Anyhow, these are some of my future aspirations and things that I hope to accomplish over the next year but will not be so incredibly disappointed if they don't happen just yet!




1 comment:

  1. I like the 'improvement' idea. That's pretty much where I'm at as well. My love for coffee and chocolate (and the combination of the two) has taken over my hips. So with that being said, I won an insanity max 30 DVD set through an IG challenge, so my goal is to finish the entire program, with minimal cheats! Ha. I'm glad someone else I know blogs too, makes me feel less of a dork! :) We can improve together, because that's one of my main concentrations for the year!

    ReplyDelete